Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It has been a few (more than) days and I am a little behind in my postings. This is the best picture I have found of Chipley...my adopted home town. I have been working on Mom's genealogy. It is a huge project. Mom had over 4000 entries from all sides of the family. I have signed up for all the on-line searching tools and am going person by person searching for and updating new information. You would think that would not be too hard, but it has become a task. I have been adding children Mom did not know of and in laws and grand parents of distant cousins... it adds up. This weekend I entered the 6000 th person. For those that what the geno facts... 6144 individuals, 2084 marriages, 42 generations, with 1155 different surnames. And yes, 42 generations does put the oldest verified person born in the year 1000 AD. Mom worked for almost 15 years on the family tree. With very few exceptions, her information has proven to be correct. I have even verified one full blooded Native American. Morning (Mary) Flowers was born in 1773...and was my 6 th great-grandmother.

Well I have most likely already lost you with facts, names and numbers, so I will end with this: "Like what you do, and Do what you like" (Jake)

No comments: