Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Digging in the boxes of family photos is always a fun trip down memory lane. A few days last week I discovered a badly damaged photo of Mom at a party in 1962. Funny how we all see our parents as parents. We forget that they had lifes before children, before us. I never knew this shy young lady.

Oh and I did find the "tent" photo from 1992... it will be making an appearance here later.

Ask your parents what they liked when they were 19... before it is too late to ask them.

2 comments:

Tracey H. Kitts said...

This is a great picture. It's amazing to me how a moment in time can be captured so completely. I miss your mom.

According to my mother at 19 she had a bad temper and was a total beyotch. So, at least I don't have to wonder where I get it from. LOL

My dad was into motorcycles and sci-fi novels. That seems to fit me too:)

Kenneth said...

My mom was not the angle, but their type of bad was a lot different thing. Things like telling her parents the car had a flat tire to explain the roller skating grease on her shirt...Grand Father Kent said roller-skating was the work of the devil... he was a lot like Great-Grand Father Fowler.

I have a picture of Uncle Gary on a bike from about the same time.