Tuesday, September 09, 2008

It is the rain that makes me miss the farm. Lazy summer days (yes hot) and the wonderful 15 minutes shower every afternoon that would cool everything off... watching the rain and day dreaming with nothing to do and no where to go...

I completely understand why Mom like it so... the peace and slower pace of life (and everything else) down on the Kent Farm is so relaxing... I have only been one other place that reminded me of it... the Fairfield Farm in Hume, VA.... only it was not as beautiful... and not home. Climbing the 200 year old oaks or just walking down the dirt roads... playing in the fields... or shooting the cows with bee-bee guns until me and Kevin got caught... running from barking cows in the woods... hanging out in the old hay barns... having to cut the front yard...which was 10 acres and took two days on a riding mower... all the little things I miss from time to time.

One day I'll move back... one day my family will call me to move back... one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is raining and your email made me go outside and sit in my skyswing and watch it fall. Muggy, hot, and soothing!!

Ummm, hey, England is like that all the time AND you get to live in the city!!!!

:D
Bec

Kenneth said...

You know I'd be there right now if I did not have all these damn obligations... We would have needed that gone wild bus you had in Scotland...