Saturday, October 04, 2008

I am going to ask a loaded question...

What about the 2000+ years of man before the God of the Bible? I know man was around longer than 2000BC... but what about their souls...spirits...beliefs...and here comes the loaded part... their gods?

I know the Bible says Jesus' death forgave all the sins of man that came before.... they had no knowledge of our God nor our heaven. In the bible it also says we should have no gods before God... which means it is building on the belief in other gods to start with...and many places in the bible reference other religions of the time... meaning it is building our religion on what came before. The bible compares Christianity by saying it is the true and only religion to these other faiths and followings of the ancient times. I know, many of you are already pulling up quotes from the Bible to explain away all these questions... save your time. I did not go to seminary school for 2 and 1/2 years not to know that for every point in the Bible there is at least another verse to counter it. (many times 10 or more) I am looking for what makes one religion more valid than another, one faith stronger than the next, and if the gods and faiths that came before are not real than why include their gods character (s) into the stories in our Bible?

Again with the loaded part, and why the proof you are so sure of does not translate over into the many different beliefs and churches of Christianity... which is the true one... Baptist, Catholic, LDS (Latter Day Saints)... the list goes on and on....

This is what happens when you unpack and find an old study bible with lots of long forgotten notes poking out of it at midnight under a new moon.... burning questions (pardon the pun)

3 comments:

Kenneth said...

I am amazed that no one took up the torch... or no one read this stuff.

Ailire said...

Oh, I read...and consider...just don't always respond. Besides, I think I have more to say than would fit. It would be a conversation to have in person, at least for me.

~A~

Anonymous said...

well said ailire!
Becki