Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This is Fall! It is odd that this year so many of our friends are heading out to do non-traditional Thanksgivings. Cruises with the family, vacations without family, or just celebrating with friends. For the last four years for me and the last 8 years for Brian tradition was not the same. Mom made the holidays for my family and without her it just has not been the same. I know for Brian it is much the same. I have vacation the week of Thanksgiving but am not looking forward to it. It will be a home coming but home was never a place I overly enjoyed. Yes I miss my friends and some of my family and some of the places that remind me of childhood good time I once had there. This is a time of giving thanks for all that we have and hold dear... this year it is difficult to remember that and to remember those things in our life that we hold most dear...and no money is not one of those things... no matter how many friends think that is all I care about. Odd that most of the things I am thankful of are my memories. Fond memories, dear friends, and the light from within those are the things I am most thankful for this season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what is kinda funny, this year mom and I will celebrate Turkey Day, among other things, without turkey (lol). Mom is fixing some finger foods and then she and I are going riding in the sand hills and to visit old cementerys. I find that there are not many "traditions" left and life seems to be more catch at you can nowadays.

PS One of the BIGGEST questions I kept getting asked in England was..."So, what exactly is Thanksgiving and is it really a time for eating as much as possible at one time?" snicker!!

B