Friday, December 19, 2008

I can stop.... Of the top selling cars these are the top fuel economy cars for 2009:

Two Seater Smart Fortwo Coupe
Smart Fortwo Convertible
33/41
Minicompact Car Mini Cooper (manual) 28/37
Subcompact Car Toyota Yaris (manual) 29/36
Compact Car Honda Civic Hybrid 40/45
Midsize Car Toyota Prius (hybrid) 48/45
Large Car Hyundai Sonata (automatic) 22/32
Small Station Wagon Volkswagon Jetta Sportwagon (manual, diesel) 30/41
Published by the EPA

Notice that none of them are from US Car Companies! Not one... Ford does make the list below 30 MPG... which is just sad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And yet the number 1 car sold in America for the 27th consecutive year is the Ford F150.
Becki

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, by the way you will NEVER believe what my original Para brought me today for my Christmas present - an IBM laptop!!!!!! Oh my God I am so over the top!!!
Bec :)

Kenneth said...

Who gave you a laptop? and WOW! Yes the F150 was on the list at 16-20 MPG...that is just sad!

Kenneth said...

My grandfathers 1977 Ford Truck got 20 MPG... it is just sad that ford has not improved the fuel economy in the last 30+ years!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Merry Christmas. Hope you are having a much better one than me LOL :)
Bec