Monday, January 26, 2009


It is once again time to travel. This trip takes me to a place filled with old ghost of the past. Many of them from my own past. As a young man the crescent city was my play ground. A time when money was nothing and adventure was everything... Dianna, Jennine, Sitka, Mike, and so many more their names have slipped away with the passing of time. We were all young then. It seems like another life all together. A time when we did not have to care... our parents took care of everything. Any trouble we found was quickly sent away with their power, influence, connections...but most often their money. It is easy to find trouble in the Big Easy... and even easier to buy your way out of it. I have never been, before or since, someplace so completely corrupt from the bottom to the very top. One dear friend still has a house there...in the French quarter, but he is in Montgomery and can not be there this week. It will be interesting to visit the place my parents insisted was where I wasted my youth again. Since I have no youth left to spare, I'll try not to waste any this trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, youth wastage!! Sounds like fun. :) I am great at that!

B

Kenneth said...

I think you and I made a trip to New Orleans once... I think you called it a waste then... or was that Mobile? or North Carolina... now there was a waste!

Anonymous said...

Yeah we did go to Nawlns once together and it was COLD and raining and you allowed a psychotic clown to tramatize me!! LOL Any you are correct North Carolina was a TOTAL and COMPLETE waste for both of us lololol
B